Latvia is one of the countries with a favorable environment for registering a gambling company in Europe. To establish gambling activities in Latvia you need a license from the Lotteries and Gambling Supervisory Inspection.
The following types of gambling licenses are available:
• slot machine games;
• roulette (cylindrical game);
• card games;
• dice games;
• games of chance on the phone.
e-Cogra certification is a mandatory requirement for all license holders. Obtaining a certificate confirms that the gambling software has met a series of standards in terms of bonus conditions, payment schemes, deposit limits, and other key factors.
Other basic requirements for obtaining a license
Issuing a gambling license in the Republic of Latvia is subject to the condition that the gambling operator meets several criteria, including but not limited to:
• Register a company in Latvia in the form of a joint stock company;
• Open an account in a Latvian bank and deposit a paid-up share capital of at least EUR 1,400,000;
• The share of foreign shareholders in the authorized capital of the company capital does not exceed 49% (with the exception of EU and EEA residents);
• It is necessary to appoint a manager of the casino, gambling hall, or bingo hall.
The gambling license is issued for an unlimited period and is re-registered annually by the Inspectorate.If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.