The gambling license could be issued by the Gaming Control Authority under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania and could be divided into different types of gambling licenses:• Table games and category A machine gaming
• Category B machine gaming
It is possible to receive all five types of licenses for one company. However, if a gambling company wishes to facilitate remote gambling, a special license for online-only gaming must be obtained.
Requirements and procedures for obtaining a gambling license in Lithuania
Capital requirements are the following:• Bingo, totalisators, and betting must have a capital of no less than 289 000 euros.
• Horse totalisator - a minimum capital of 144 000.
• Gambling with category B machines - a minimum capital of 289 000
• Gaming - no less than 1 158 000 euro.
The progress to obtaining a gambling license:• Completing the application form;
• Providing the source and proof of funds for sufficient capital;
• Formation of the company with necessary structure and documentation;
• Providing information about the supervisory board, its chief executive officer, deputy manager, board of directors, and chief financial officer;
• Providing the relevant documents and information about founders and shareholders.
The prepared application documents must be submitted to the Gaming Control Authority. The terms of application decision ± 30 days.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.